Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

30 October 2009

Coromandel Valley Primary School Roll of Honour

Today I got two calls. One lady called me after she saw the notice in VetAffairs and gave me a new name (her Dad, Leslie John Smith who was a stretcher bearer in France and ended up living on Coromandel Parade in his retirement), and the second call was from Miles Badcock, the editor of the Blackwood Times, who told me about the Roll of Honour that had been located by Coromandel Valley Primary School earlier this year. There's a copy of it in the 29 October school newletter linked to the title of this post.

Anyway, they have done it up, made some copies and Chris Bayly, the principal of the school is having a ceremony on Remembrance Day (11 November) to unveil it. It has 70 names on it, almost all of which (I haven't finished checking it yet) I think I already have. But there are at least 5-8 I don't have, so I'm getting closer to 250! They also have several photographs I don't have, and I have been able to direct them to or give them several photographs I have located myself.

I'm hoping to go to the ceremony on Remembrance Day and see the Roll of Honour itself (and maybe get copies of the pics!).

Thanks for the tip Miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment